Photography Center of Cape Cod is holding an open juried
photography exhibit and sale, “Winter Wonderland,” to be
hung at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod, 307 Old Main
Street, South Yarmouth from November 27 through
December 8, 2013.
As winter approaches and the days grow shorter, we are
reminded of the serene beauty of the season. The quiet
stillness of winter landscapes is juxtaposed with lively
seasonal festivities. Photography Center of Cape Cod
seeks frostbitten photography in all its forms.
All photographers are invited to participate in this open juried competition. Entries are due by midnight Friday, October 25, 2013. Entry fee is $10 for members, $15 for non-members, no maximum. Enter online at https://client.smarterentry.com/capecodart.
There are cash awards for Best of Show, second place and honorable mention totaling over $800.
Judging and winning entries will be selected by Marcia Duggan, an award-winning photographer, specializing in aerial and Cape Cod coastal photography.
The exhibition will be hung at the Cultural Center of Cape Cod, 307 Old Main Street, South Yarmouth, MA from November 27 through December 8, 2013. The Grand Opening and Awards reception will be held on Friday, November 29th from 5-7pm and is open to the public.
October 25 - JPEG entries due
November 4 - notification of acceptance via email
November 15-25 - receiving dates for shipped work
November 26 - receiving day of accepted works at
Cultural Center of Cape Cod (hand-delivered work)
November 29 - Exhibition Reception, 5-7pm
December 9 - pick-up day, 9am-5pm at Cultural
Center of Cape Cod
Cash awards for Best of Show/1st Place, 2nd Place,
$15 per piece for non-members / $10 per piece for Members (Members must enter CCAA in discount code box then click apply - Membership status will be verified). No maximum.
All works must be for sale at the fair market value. Please submit only work that will be available at the time of the exhibit and will remain for its entirety. Living artists only. Work that is copied or done under the guidance of an instructor is not eligible. Entries must not have been previously exhibited at CCAA/PCCC. If the work does not fully reflect what is represented on the jpeg, CCAA/PCCC reserves the right to eliminate it from the exhibition.
60% artists / 20% CCAA(PCCC) / 20% Cultural Center of Cape Cod
JPEG sizing for online entry:
The image size should be less than 2mb, at 72 dpi, and in JPEG format.
Entry by Website Upload Only:
Visit https://client.smarterentry.com/capecodart to enter online. If you have used Smarter Entry in the past you must log in as a Returning User at the bottom of the page. If you are new to Smarter Entry you must first register as a First Time User. After log in, choose "Winter Wonderland" from the competitions, then follow the steps for payment and upload.
1. All entries should be uploaded with all of the information requested.
2. All entries must be accompanied by a payment of $10 members / $15 non members for each entry (no maximum).
3. Judging will be done on the basis of creativity and artistic expression, originality and technical ability.
4. Each submitted photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant acknowledges that the submitted photograph(s) is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph. Photos that violate or infringe upon another person's copyright are not eligible.
5. The photographs entered must not, in the sole discretion of Cape Cod Art Association/Photography Center of Cape Cod, contain obscene, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable content. Entries deemed inappropriate will be disqualified.
6. Follow the online instructions to upload and submit images. To submit more than three images, an additional entry form is NOT required. Simply log into your account on the registration site and select "Buy Additional Images."
~ 72 ppi resolution
~ 1,280 pixels on the longest side
~sRGB or RGB color space (standard) with layers flattened
~ 8 bit mode
~ JPG format with compression at level 8 (at minimum)
~ less than 2MB total size
7. All entries must be submitted by Friday October 25, 2013 at midnight
8. By participating, you are agreeing to receive promotional announcements from Photography Center of Cape Cod, from which you may opt-out at any time.
9. By entering through Smarter Entry the artist agrees to the following:
I understand that each entry is partially covered by insurance in case of fire, theft, or vandalism while in Cape Cod Art Association building. The Officers, Board of Directors, employees will use care in handling art work, but in no way are responsible for any damage that may occur in uncrating, moving or hanging art work. CCAA reserves the right to reject any work which cannot be displayed in a safe and secure manner, (including poorly framed or wired work) or which does not fully reflect that which is portrayed on the jpeg. I understand that CCAA and the Cultural Center of Cape Cod receive a commission on all sales.
Juror - Marcia Duggan, award-winning photographer, spepcializing in aerial and Cape Cod coastal photography. All entries will be reviewed anonymously. Notification of acceptance via email by November 4, 2013.
Size Requirements and Framing:
Work may not exceed 48" in any direction, including frame. Photographs must be fitted firmly in frame with wire for hanging. No loose glass over mats. Poorly presented work will not be hung. SELECTED ART WORK MUST ARRIVE BY SCHEDULED RECEIVING DATE AND MUST BE PICKED UP ON SCHEDULED PICK UP DAY. (See Calendar)
Shipping, return shipping and a handling fee are the responsibility of the artist. Delivery instructions will accompany email notification of acceptance. Purchase of return shipping labels are the responsibility of the artist. A handling fee of $15 is required for shipped artwork.